- Marketing Manager Job Description
- What does a marketing manager do?
- Additional Duties
- Work Schedules of Marketing Manager
- Marketing Manager Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards
- Marketing Manager Qualification Profile
- The Mall at Millenia Marketing Manager Job Description
Marketing Manager Job Description
Under the supervision of the Vice President of Global Sales, the Marketing Manager strategically develops and implements the Company’s global advertising, marketing, and communications programs regarding its highly technical services, in order to build brand awareness and increase sales. The Marketing Manager supports all internal communication initiatives and events to ensure clear communications regarding a variety of matters.
What does a marketing manager do?
Media and Advertising
- Develop all global strategic and tactical marketing initiatives and
- Create and implement marketing/media plans that include print, online, video, tradeshows, and social networking
- Concept and write branded advertising campaigns, white papers and other technical
- Conduct market research to identify effective promotional methods and negotiate media contracts.
- Investigate new media opportunities (print, events, online, advertorials), negotiate rates, and book space.
- Ensure all advertisements are trafficked to the appropriate publications and online
- Develop, write and maintain internal communication systems (intranet, newsletters, emails, corporate announcements).
- Manage corporate email signatures and mini signature
- Create, maintain and strengthen the Company’s overall brand in all forms of media (creative and technical writing, online, print, and academic).
- Organize and streamline service offerings into customer friendly
- Manage printers and other promotional
- Manage and ensure consistent branding across all office
- Manage and write the content of our corporate website and subsidiary sites to ensure that they are current, dynamic, and
- Write, execute, and deploy email marketing campaigns and web
- Strategize, develop and oversee the production of video content for website and social
- Consider new ways to further develop our corporate site in order to make it a selling
- Review web analytics and ad words campaigns on an ongoing basis and generate monthly reports regarding site
- Create and periodically refresh customer sub-sites with relevant
- Oversee the coordination and organization of all tradeshow arrangements (registration, shipping, promotion, travel).
- Oversee the development and execution of corporate events including but not limited to Holiday, morale boosters, employee appreciations, annual company
- Solicit editors of targeted publications for editorial opportunities and negotiate
- Create, write and execute publicity campaigns and press
- Write and concept advertorials in addition to getting them
- Manage and write all social media
- When required, assist with the format, layout, and customization of high profile RFPs and capabilities presentations.
- Perform other related duties, as
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all-inclusive of every task or responsibility.
- Uses standard office equipment such as a personal computer, scanner, copy machine, fax machine, binder, laminator, telephone/headset, lead
Work Schedules of Marketing Manager
- Twelve months per year, standard work schedule as needed to successfully meet individual and department goals and objectives, and meet employee and client needs, including a reasonable amount of overtime as necessary. This may include occasional evening and/or weekend
Marketing Manager Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Superior creative and technical writing
- A keen eye for detail and ability to produce high quality
- Demonstrated experience in internet architecture, direct mail, print, and electronic advertising.
- Strong creativity and marketing skills. Ability to generate multiple and varied
- Experience with video content, from creative development to production agency
- Must be able to manage many moving parts and details at
- Experience representing corporations at trade
- Ability to collaborate globally with people in all time
- Organizational and time management skills. Complete work within established time
- Ability to prioritize, and coordinate multiple projects and competing for work demands. Ability to see the “big picture” while managing several small
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral
- Excellent verbal communication
- Ability to report work orally or in writing to the supervisor as
- Positive interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish and maintain cooperative, courteous working relationships with
- Ability to understand, apply and use personal computers and software applications including advanced skills in PowerPoint, Excel, and Word; and basic skills or knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator and
- Familiarity with Google Analytics and AdWords campaigns
- Ability to problem-solve job-related
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of information regarding company financial and other information.
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards
- Works in a standard office building
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. on
- Must be able to pack and assemble tradeshow
- Must be willing to travel a few times per year (< 5% travel) and work overtime when required.
See the Summary of Physical, Sensory and Environmental Requirements Needed to Perform Essential Job Duties for this position.
Marketing Manager Qualification Profile
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Communications, Marketing, or another related field, and at least 5 years related
- Demonstrated background in content management, creative writing, technical writing, advertising concepting, social media, print, media negotiations, and digital
- Experience using a CMS for web editing and basic web programming a
- Advanced skills in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Office 365/Skype, and Word; and basic skills or knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator and
The Mall at Millenia Marketing Manager Job Description
The Marketing Manager is responsible for the support of the Marketing Department in all aspects of its operation. The position requires planning and execution of special events, public relations efforts, merchant communication and relations, community relations and philanthropic outreach, tourism program support, advertising and collateral production, and sponsorship programs. The position is responsible to ensure appropriate representation of The Mall at Millenia. The Marketing Manager is charged to ensure that the programs, events, and activities are in line with the Marketing Plan goals and strategies as well as The Forbes Company standards.
Marketing Manager Accountabilities
Special Event and Marketing Program Management
- Concept, planning, and implementation of all event
o Mall sponsored community events, merchandising events, fundraising events, tourism events, third party/partner events and retailer based events
- Establish special event budget and manage event
- Provide Marketing Director with planning and progress for each
- Prepare event notifications outlining responsibilities to ensure event needs are communicated to department heads and
- Document each event and create event recaps that include: photos, return on investment, retailer/partner results, press clippings, tear sheets as well as event summary.
- Preparation of promotional materials and collateral to support
- Orchestrate merchant participation in Mall sponsored and endorsed partner events.
- Select and order premium items to support events and ongoing
- Oversee Platinum Club programs and initiate activities and
- Attend community functions to promote the
- Oversee Bunny & Santa photo
Social Media and Public Relations
- Set annual and quarterly goals for Social Media
- Work with digital marketing coordinator to set social promotional
- Establish social media
- Oversee social media voice to maintain brand
- Establish an annual press release distribution plan and manage
- Create press
- Direct 3rd party writers and
- Provide direction and oversight of social media
- Maintain press list and keep contacts
- Respond to media inquiries and escort approved media on
- Complete formal media
- Respond to media inquiries when
- Qualify and grant media interviews when applicable.
- Coordinate merchant participation for print and broadcast PR
- Meet with media contacts along with Marketing
- Organize and calculate Mall press
- Support Tourism Marketing Director by coordinating spousal, convention, and hospitality
- Assist in executing media and tour operator
- Support Tourism Marketing Director at seminars, meetings, and conventions, when
- Identify cash sponsorship opportunities and potential
- Prepare sponsorship
- Work in partnership with the Marketing Director to negotiate sponsorship terms and conditions.
- Assist Marketing Director in obtaining media and philanthropic partnerships for events and
- Compile sponsor participation event
- Responsible to ensure that The Mall at Millenia website is in line with
- Initiate and oversee website
- Responsible for email blasts promoting Mall and its
- Responsible to secure retailer assets for website and
- Assist in ad campaign planning and
- Manage the media insertion
- Ensure that Mall signage is
- Oversee production of M Magazine
- Recruit and hire an intern
- Determine training
- Oversee training
- Assignment and oversight of responsibilities and
- Provide required evaluation to college
- Develop an annual marketing plan including establishing goals, strategies, and tactics.
- Analyze merchant sales results and apply strategies to support merchant
- Secure sales input for anecdotal corporate
- Handle holiday sales reporting for seasonal photo and gift
- Attend community functions and business
- Merchant communication via monthly reports, meetings, email and
- Oversee handling of charitable
- Monitor inventory levels of premium items, collateral, and marketing
- Compose the Events and Marketing section of the monthly corporate and merchant
- Assignments are given by the Marketing
- Update Marketing Director on a daily
- Answer inquiries from merchants, guests, vendors and sales
- Assign tasks to staff and follow up as needed.
Key Qualifications for the Marketing Manager
- A minimum college degree or equivalent
- Strong organizational skills
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in event management
- Social media knowledge and strategy skills
- Public relations skills
- Well rounded oral and written communication skills
- Supervisory experience
- Negotiation skills
- Proficient in the use of computers particularly Excel, Microsoft Word, and PowerPoint.
Experience preferred but not required
- Shopping center or other entity event management experience
- Experience in developing and implementing a marketing plan, goals and strategies
- Budget preparation and variance control
- Managing advertising agency and event partners
- Public relations
Allocation of responsibilities